The picture above is of my great great grandparents, John and Mary Stacey, and probably their 4 youngest children.
Their youngest son George was born in 1882 so that would date this photograph mid to late 1880s.
I will start my thoughts with John and Mary who are the maternal branch of my family.

Sunday 18 March 2012

Tirrell sisters

My granddad, Herbert William Tirrell had seven sisters.  I do not know very much about them all but do have a few photographs.  Today I will tell you about Florence and Frances Beatrice (known and Beatrice), because I have a photograph of them together.

Florence was the second child of Joseph and Esther Tirrell and my grandfather's eldest sister.  She was born on 17th September 1889 in Chapel-en-le-Frith, Derbyshire.  She married George Jarvis in 1910 in Easthampstead, Berkshire.  I have found 6 possible children for Florence and George born between 1912 and 1927.  Not sure if they are all theirs except for Gwendoline born in 1926 as she is in the photograph below.

Florence with husband George Jarvis


 Florence worked as a nurse in Rotherham. Here she is on the right. 


 Frances Beatrice was born on 19th July 1896 in Woodford, Northamptonshire.  She married William Barber in 1921 and they had one daughter Betty in 1928.  William died in 1931 and Beatrice later married Alfred Seton in 1938.  Beatrice died in 1978 at the age of 81.

This is Beatrice with daughter Betty.


This is Florence's daughter Gwendoline with Florence (centre) and Beatrice.  Gwendoline's husband John is standing behind them. This photograph was taken in 1976.




No comments:

Post a Comment