The picture above is of my great great grandparents, John and Mary Stacey, and probably their 4 youngest children.
Their youngest son George was born in 1882 so that would date this photograph mid to late 1880s.
I will start my thoughts with John and Mary who are the maternal branch of my family.

Saturday 3 March 2012

Kathleen Lilian Tirrell

My mother Kathleen Lilian Tirrell was born on 3rd March 1922 in Bramley, Yorkshire.  She was the daughter of Herbert William and Edith (Butler) Tirrell.   She married my father William Cox in 1945 and after his death in 1969 she remarried but that marriage did not last.
Today would have been her 90th  birthday but sadly we lost mum on 1st July 2011.  When mum died I wrote a brief life story of her on my other blog so will link to that here instead of writing it all again.

This is the last photograph of mum taken last June when she was in a nursing home.


Her ashes are buried at Pinarroo Cemetery in Perth. Western Australia.  We planted a small rosemary bush  (for remembrance) by her plaque and hopefully it will grow well. 

Happy birthday Mum, miss you. 

2 comments: