The picture above is of my great great grandparents, John and Mary Stacey, and probably their 4 youngest children.
Their youngest son George was born in 1882 so that would date this photograph mid to late 1880s.
I will start my thoughts with John and Mary who are the maternal branch of my family.

Wednesday 14 March 2012

1935 wedding

This is a wedding photograph of  Norah Stobbart Butler and Arthur Thomas Roberts which took place on 5th August 1935 in Ravenfield.   Norah was my mother's half first cousin.  The half is because her father and my grandmother had the same father but different mothers.  Don't relationships get difficult at times?.  It is going to be worse now with all the divorces and remarriages there are.  

My mother Kathleen is the young bridesmaid standing next to the groom. She was 13 years old at the time and she told me her dress was pale green. At the front right is my grandmother Evelyn with daughter Joan who was 6 years old.  Granddad is 7th from the right at the back. 


No comments:

Post a Comment